Sorcerers get some much-needed end-game survivability and a new Legendary Aspect, while Barbarians have more Fury generation methods.
Following its controversial pre-Season of the Malignant patch for Diablo 4, Blizzard Entertainment has dated patch 1.1.1. It’s live on August 8th and improves the late-game survivability of Sorcerer while speeding up combat flow for the Barbarian. Players of the former should also find some mechanics adjusted to move away from increasing power at the cost of something else.
Sorcerer also gets more potential for other builds, with Flickering Fire Bolt generating two Mana when hitting an enemy and Enhanced Fireball’s radius increased by 50 percent. Critical Strike Damage for Destructive Fireball is increased by 20 percent, up to 30 percent when hitting at least three enemies.
Greater Chain Lightning will deal five percent damage with each bounce during its duration, and Destructive Chain Lightning increases Crackling Energy’s chance to spawn from 25 to 30 percent. As for Barbarian, Fury generated from using Bash, Flay, Enhanced Frenzy and Lunging Strike is increased, along with damage from Double Swing and Enhanced Rupture.
Several Uniques have also been buffed with Fields of Crimson dealing .22-.38 damage, while damage dealt to enemies in pools is increased by 20 percent. Hellhammer’s damage is also increased to .85-1.1, and the burning duration increases to four seconds.
1.1.1 Build #43794 (All Platforms) – August 8, 2023
Class Balance Updates
Flickering Fire Bolt
Fire Bolt generates 2 Mana when hitting an enemy.
Casting Fireball increases its radius by 50%.
Fireball’s Critical Strike Damage is increased by 20%. This bonus is increased to 30% if Fireball hits at least 3 enemies.
Greater Chain Lightning
Each time Chain Lightning bounces, it deals 5% increased damage for its duration.
Destructive Chain Lightning
Chance to form Crackling Energy increased from 25% to 30%.
Damage bonus increased from 10% to 15%.
- Both bonuses are also granted for 3 seconds when hitting a Boss with a Critical Strike.
- Your Burning effects deal x20% increased damage, plus an additional x2% increased damage per unique source of Burning you have applied to the enemy.
Searing Heat Legendary Node
Casting Fireball or Meteor increases your Critical Strike Chance by 5% for 5 seconds, up to 15%.
Ceaseless Conduit Legendary Node
Increase Crackling Energy’s damage from 2% to 3% per 20 Intelligence the player has Reinforce Rare Glyph.
Territorial Rare Glyph
Damage reduction increased from 10% to 15%.
Warding Rare Glyph
Damage reduction increased from 13% to 25%.
Keeper of Flames Rare Node
- Damage reduction increased from 4% to 5%.
- Bonus damage reduction increased from 4% to 5%.
Smoldering Embers Rare Node
- Damage reduction from burning enemies increased from 4% to 5%.
- Bonus damage reduction from burning enemies increased from 4% to 5%.
Guarded Rare Node
- Damage reduction from Vulnerable enemies increased from 4% to 5%.
- Bonus damage reduction from Vulnerable enemies increased from 4% to 5%.
Oppressive Rare Node
Damage reduction from Vulnerable enemies increased from 4% to 5%.
Lightning Resilience Rare Node
Maximum Life bonus increased from 4% to 6%.
- You may have 1 additional Hydra active, and Hydra’s duration is increased by 14-24%.
- This now also affects Hydra’s Enchantment Effect.
Aspect of Conflagration
Bonus Burning damage increased from 20-30% to 20-40%.
Aspect of Engulfing Flames
Bonus Burning damage increased from 30%-40% to 60%-80%.
Aspect of Three Curses
Increase the Critical Strike Damage of Meteor and Fireball by 20%-40%. Double this bonus against Healthy enemies.
Bonus Movement Speed duration increased from 4 to 6 seconds.
Ball Lightning orbits around you and deals 15-25% increased damage.
Aspect of Unbroken Tether
Additional Chain Lightning bounces increased from 2 to 4.
Each time Chain Lightning bounces, you gain 1.5-3 Mana.
Bonus Movement Speed duration increased from 4 to 8 seconds.
Aspect of the Bounding Conduit
Bonus Movement Speed increased from 20-25% to 25-30%.
New Legendary – Mage-Lord’s Aspect
- Increase Vyr’s Mastery Key Passive’s Damage Reduction by 6-9% for each Close enemy, up to 18-27%.
Aspect of Frozen Orbit
Damage increased from 20-30% to 30-40%.
Storm Swell Aspect
Bonus damage increased from 11-20% to 21-30%.
Unstoppable duration increased from 2-3 seconds to 3-5 seconds.
- Also grants 10% bonus Armor for 3-5 seconds.
Lucky Hit: Damage from your Pyromancy skills has up to a 12-17% chance to restore 10 Mana.
While within your own Blizzard and for 3 seconds after leaving it, you take 20-25% less damage.
Aspect of Concentration
- Mana Regeneration increased from 20-30% to 40-50%.
- Duration requirement to gain its benefit reduced from 3 to 2 seconds.
Gloves of the Illuminator
- Damage penalty reduced from 65-55% to 45-35%.
- Damage to Stunned affix replaced with Lucky Hit: Change to Restore Resource.
- Illuminator’s first bounce occurs much closer to the player.
Fury gained increased from 11 to 13.
Fury gained increased from 10 to 13.
Fury gained increased from 2 to 3.
Fury gained increased from 10 to 12.
Damage increased from 40% to 50%.
Damage increased from 45% to 70%.
Damage increased from 30% to 60%.
Vulnerable duration increased from 2 to 4 seconds.
If Upheaval damages at least 2 enemies or a Boss, you gain Berserking for 2 seconds, increased to 3 seconds if it damages at least 4 enemies.
Damage reduction increased from 3% to 4%.
- Bleed damage dealt based on Critical Damage bonus increased from 100% to 115%.
- Bleed damage when Overpowering increased from 11% to 70%.
- Berserking damage bonus increased from 25% to 35%.
- Updated the tooltip to more clearly reflect this Key Passive’s value
Bonus damage duration increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
Aspect of Ancestral Force
Damage increased from 32-50% to 40-58%.
Death Wish Aspect
Thorns increased from .5-.75 to .65-.85.
Aspect of Unrelenting Fury
Core Skill cost to refund increased from 10-20% to 20-30%.
- Cost refund also granted when hitting Bosses.
Aspect of Ancestral Charge
Damage increased from 50-100% to 75-125%.
Aspect of Burning Rage
Damage increased from .22-.28 to .3-.38.
Aspect of Bul-Kathos
Damage reduction while in Earthquakes increased from 5-15% to 15-25%.
Damage bonus in Earthquakes increased from 5-15% to 15-25%.
Fields of Crimson
- Damage increased from .18-.34 to .22-.38.
- Damage that enemies take standing in pools increased from 15% to 20%.
- Rupture Cooldown Reduction affix replaced with Bonus Critical Strike Damage.
- Damage increased from .6-.8 to .85-1.1.
- Burning duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds.
- Damage to Crowd Controlled Enemies affix replaced with Bonus Critical Strike Damage.
Ramaladni’s Magnum Opus
Physical Damage affix replaced with Vulnerable Damage.
- Attacks reduce Evade’s cooldown affix replace with bonus Evade charges.
- Damage against Stunned affix replace with bonus Movement Speed.
- Basic Skill Damage affix replaced with Cooldown Reduction.
- Bonus Attack Speed to other skills increased from 10-20% to 35-45%.