Fairies should appear correctly in “certain conditions”, and other issues have been addressed to”improve the gameplay experience.”
Nintendo has released a new update for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, fixing issues with main quests and side adventures. However, it confirmed that opening the game via specific articles from a Switch News channel would give free items. And who doesn’t love free stuff?
You may not get them based on the location and gameplay progress, so keep that in mind. As for the fixes, it should now be possible to progress past “A Mystery in the Depths” and “Secret of the Ring Ruins” in the main story and in side adventures like “Hateno Village Research Lab” and “Lurelin Village Restoration Project.” Another issue that caused fairies to not appear in “certain conditions” when they originally should is also fixed.
Along with Kiana’s meals changing under certain conditions, several other issues have been addressed to “improve the gameplay experience.” Check out the full patch notes below for more details. You can also read our review of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom here. It sold over 10 million units in three days and was the best-selling title in the United States in May.
Ver. 1.2.0 (Released 5 July 2023)
- By starting the game from within certain articles released on a specific Switch News channel (accessed via the HOME Menu) players can receive a number of in-game items.
- Depending on the state of gameplay progression or the location in which the data is reopened, there may be cases in which the items cannot be received.
- Fixed an issue where players could not progress beyond a certain point in the main quests “A Mystery in the Depths” and “Secret of the Ring Ruins”, the side adventures “Hateno Village Research Lab” and “Lurelin Village Restoration Project”, the shrine quest “Dyeing to Find It”, and the side quests “Village Attacked by Pirates”, “The Incomplete Stable”, and “Seeking the Pirate Hideout”.
- Downloading the update will allow players to proceed past those points.Fixed an issue preventing fairies from appearing under certain conditions when they originally should have appeared.
- Fixed an issue preventing the meals provided by Kiana of Lurelin Village from changing under certain conditions.
- Several issues have been addressed to improve the gameplay experience.