There are also improvements to performance, stability and collision, which go live for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S players later.
Respawn Entertainment’s Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is doing pretty well in sales, topping charts in the United States for April while becoming the second biggest physical launch in the UK (third, now, thanks to The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom). Patches continue to roll out, though, with the latest going live today for PC.
PS5 and Xbox Series X/S players can expect the same improvements in a later update. Some of the PC-exclusive features of the patch include reduced hitching to improve content caching, improved thread handling when ray tracing is disabled, and more. Pre-order and Deluxe Edition content should be accessed more reliably, thanks to more “robust” detection.
Also, Drya Thornne will no longer become invincible, so that’s nice. Check out the rest of the patch notes below, which include fixes for collision, stability and performance issues. Additional patches are in the works, so stay tuned for more details.
Patch 5 Details
Here are the fixes you can expect with this patch:
- (PC only) Improved content caching to reduce hitching.
- (PC only) Improved thread handling when raytracing is turned off.
- (PC only) Fix for an issue where lowering the PC visual settings would incorrectly lower your resolution scale if FSR is disabled.
– Note: if you previously disabled FSR and are playing on a lower visual quality, you may want to readjust your quality settings.
- (PC only) Fix for a reset button not responding on PC when using both controller and keyboard.
- Various performance fixes.
- Stability improvements.
- More robust detection of pre-order and deluxe content in-game, preventing players from only randomly having access to the content.
- Various collision and navigation improvements to prevent issues where characters get stuck out of bounds.
- Fixed an issue where Drya Thornne would become invincible.
- Music-related fixes
- Fixed an issue where Bode wouldn’t grab the senator during some New Game+ playthroughs.
- Fix for a bug where the Skriton wouldn’t appear correctly.
- Fix for Dagan not appearing correctly in a cinematic.
- Fixed some rare instances of players being unable to progress further in the game even after reloading.
- Fix for a bug where the Gorocco would disappear mid-combat.
- Fix for an issue where Cal would get stuck in a specific Blaster state if dying while in it.
- Fix for a bug where BD-1 wouldn’t be able to open a door.
- Fix for void tear interactions not working correctly.
- Fix for trying to load corrupt save games sometimes leaving you in the main menu. It will now correctly attempt to load your backup save.
- Improved UX for Koboh matter turrets that players were previously unable to exit out of.
- Fix for the Rancor and the Wampa not correctly leaving Cal’s XP behind when he respawns.
- Fix for a bug where the Skills menu wouldn’t correctly close.
- Improved sync for sound during one of the cinematics.
- Fix for the environment not loading correctly on Koboh after Cal respawns.