Along with bug fixes, the next Diablo 4 update will also allow players to get rid of unwanted Uber Unique items and craft ones they might actually want.
Blizzard has revealed details for the next update coming to Diablo 4. As part of the update, a major new feature is making its way to the game in the form of Uber Unique Crafting. The update will allow players to craft their own Uber Unique items. Check out the complete patch notes for the update, numbered at 1.3.2, below.
With the update, Blizzard hopes to offer players more avenues to obtain the Uber Uniques of their choice, while at the same time giving players the ability to get some use out of duplicates of Uber Unique they might have already gotten in their attempts to farm for new powerful gear.
“Uber Unique items are highly sought after,” explains the studio in its patch notes. “With Season of Blood, we introduced target-farming Uber Unique Items with Uber Duriel to gives players another source of acquiring this type of item. However, we want to give players increased autonomy in obtaining their desired Uber Unique by addressing feedback that expressed how acquiring duplicate or undesired Uber Unique Items lessens that feeling of triumph.”
The system essentially allows players to salvage the Uber Unique items they don’t need to get a new crafting resource, which can then be used to craft the Uber Unique they actually want. Along with the new crafting system, the update also increases the drop rate for Uber Unique items every in the game except for Uber Duriel.
The rest of the update essentially revolves around fixing bugs in various parts of Diablo 4, including issues with Season of the Construct where, for example, Vizier Wasp Constructs weren’t being properly affected by effects that should immobilize them.
Diablo 4 kicked off its third season, Season of the Construct, back in January. The season brought with it an entirely new progression system in the form of a Construct that players can customize to their liking. Diablo 4 is available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S.
Patch 1.3.2 notes:
Uber Unique Crafting
- Uber Unique Items can now be salvaged to provide a new resource, Resplendent Sparks. Players can bring 5 Resplendent Sparks to the Alchemist and Transmute an Uber Unique of their choice.
- The Refine Resources tab at the Alchemist has been renamed Transmute, and the option to craft an Uber Unique item can be found under that tab.
- Note that the preview window for crafting an Uber Unique won’t display the item’s affixes.
- The drop chance of Uber Unique items acquired outside of Uber Duriel encounters has been increased.
- The Cursed Shrine event now gives the Shrine bonus at the start of the event instead of when it is finished.
- Fixed an issue where the Screen Reader did not read the Claimed status for Lunar Awakening rewards.
- Fixed an issue where the Screen Reader did not read Ancestral Favor Tiers correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Screen Reader misread Ancestral Favor upgrade text.
Season of the Construct
- Fixed an issue where Vizier Wasp Constructs were not affected by Immobilizing effects.
- Fixed an issue where the tooltip for Igneous Cores was missing information.
- Fixed an issue where Journal pages didn’t drop during the Kulle’s Heart Quest.
- Fixed an issue where only the first person in the party would get credit for looting Obelisks Whispers.
- Fixed an issue where Arcane Tremors in Hawezar and Scosglen could have Voltaic Brazier’s that can’t be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue where attacks from Malphas could still damage players after he’s defeated.
- Fixed an issue where the Season Journey Objective Keeper of Nothing still referenced Pearls of Warding to summon Echo of Malphas instead of Igneous Cores.
- Fixed an issue where the final quest for Lunar Awakening could not be started if the player already had maximum Ancestral Favor.
- Fixed an issue where the Shrine related to the Cleanse the Northshore Shrine Whisper could be missing.
- Fixed an issue where the Ancestral Favor window wouldn’t automatically close when walking away from Ying-Yue.
- Fixed an issue where Treasure Goblins could fail to spawn while fighting Avarice.
- Fixed an issue where enemies killed via an execute effect could not drop loot.
- Fixed an issue where the Melted Hear of Selig was not always rolling the maximum value for its movement speed affix.
- Fixed an issue where the Echoing Fury aspect didn’t grant bonus Fury if Tactical Rallying Cry was learned.
- Fixed an issue where Advanced Rapid Fire would incorrectly override the bonus Critical Strike Damage from other sources.
- Fixed an issue where the damage increase and resource reduction cost from Ring of the Starless Skies was not calculating correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the final Lieutenant failed to spawn in The Onyx Watchtower, preventing completion without a reset.
User Interface and User Experience
- Fixed an issue where adding a friend when playing with a controller would immediately re-open the menu for adding friend.
- Fixed an issue where setting a note on a friend would open the menu for adding a friend after adding the note.
- Fixed an issue where icons for Animus were missing from the mini map in the Betrayer’s Row Dungeon.
- Fixed an issue where a Socketed Gem in a Legendary or Unique Item could disappear if the item was dropped.
- Fixed an issue where some players using NVMe Solid State Drives were experiencing instability.
- Various visual, performance, and stability improvements.