Iron Man’s Variable Threat Response Battle Suit should now be available for those who earned a single Trophy/Achievement before April 1st.
Crystal Dynamics’ final update for Marvel’s Avengers went live last week, opening up most of the cosmetics in the Marketplace and buffing its heroes. While it was the last substantial update for the embattled live-service title ahead of its support ending on September 30th, it wasn’t the final patch. It’s actually Update 2.8.2, which is now available on all platforms.
It addresses several issues arising from Update 2.8, including an issue that prevented players from receiving Iron Man’s Variable Threat Response Battle Suit. This is a reward for founders – or any player who unlocked a single Achievement/Trophy before April 1st.
Those who went from PS4 to PS5 may still face issues, though. They’re advised to load the PS4 version, equip the suit, migrate the save to PS5, and log in, where it should be unlocked. Check out the full update notes below for more details.
Marvel’s Avengers is available for PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S. It will be removed from storefronts on September 30th, but still playable for current owners and available on PlayStation Plus and Game Pass.
Patch Notes v2.8.2
Reassemble Campaign & Avengers Initiative
- Update 2.8.2 addresses the issue preventing founders – any player who has earned an Achievement/Trophy prior to April 1 – from receiving Iron Man’s ‘Variable Threat Response Battle Suit.’
- Some players aren’t able to receive this Founders’ Gift if they migrated from PS4 to PS5 and didn’t earn any Trophies before April 1. Update 2.8.2 offers this workaround:
– Load the PS4 version of Marvel’s Avengers, and equip the Variable Threat Response Battle Suit. Then, migrate your PS4 save to PS5. If you do this, the next time you log in on the PS5 version, the Outfit will be unlocked.
- On other platforms, the Founders’ Gift may appear as locked for players who deleted their original save file and are playing on a new save file. Restarting the game will unlock the Founders’ Gift for these players.
- We have removed all Hero Card-related objectives to fix the issue where Update 2.8’s removal of Hero Cards prevented the completion of certain mission chains.